Although we all love to go on holiday and take some time off to relax basking in the sun, packing before heading to your dreamed destination may become a bit stressful. What to take on holiday? What to wear? Which documents are crucial? Here’s our holiday essentials list to help you pack only the must-haves!
Summer holiday packing list
We know that you like to have everything under control, so you pack more then you need. Still, it often turns out that you actually didn’t need half of your clothes and the bag you took almost broke your back. If you want to be prepared for every situation, choose clothes that are perfect for mix and match! When it comes to your stay at a hotel, there are also a couple of things that you might need. Look at these basics:
At a hotel:
- Bath towel
There are also additional items that you’ll need during your voyage. If you have travel-friendly electronics, that is the moment to make a good use of them! So, what to pack for holidays?
- Phone and phone charger
- Hairdryer and if needed, straightener or curler, rather small-sized
- Travel adapter
- Contact lenses
Tip: most of the hotels provide their clients with hairdryers and irons, ask about it before, so you’ll know whether you need to pack them or not.
- Beach towel
- Summer hat or cap
- Bag (a big one – you need to pack there the aforementioned beach items!)
- Shorts and/or one pair of trousers, if you get cold easily
- Dresses (the ones that serve well both for daytime and night-time) or skirts
- Light sweater or a jacket
- T-shirts and/or tank tops
- Trainers, especially if you plan to go on a trip
- Sandals and/or wedges (depending on how fancy you like your holiday outfits)
Cosmetics and toiletries holiday packing checklist
To start with, think of cosmetics you use every day. Peelings, masks, serums – these are the things that you don’t need during your holidays, especially on a quick break. Remember to choose cosmetics that are in small travel-sizes (for example 100 ml max). Here’s our list:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste, floss
- Shower gel
- Shampoo (preferably 2in1 with conditioner; if you have greasy hair, opt for separate conditioner)
- Makeup set (whatever you need, but remember that usually mascara, eyeliner, blush and lipstick will do!)
- Hair brush, elastic band and pins
- Antiperspirant and perfume
- Sun cream and after sun lotion
- Moisturizing face cream and hand cream, if you need it
- Menstrual products of choice
- Insect repellent
Important documents holiday checklist
We’ve discussed the fun part of things to take on holiday, now is the time for the rudiments - the key items, especially for a trip abroad, without which you simply can’t leave your house. Prepare a small bag for documents which can be put into your hand luggage.
Always remember to pack:
- Currency of a given country
- Credit card
- Flight ticket and a boarding pass
If you have it on paper, take also details of your hotel booking. Travel tip: apply for European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for free and buy travel insurance– if you have any of these (and it’s best you have both!), take appropriate documents with you.
If you already decided what to pack for holidays, go through our list after packing your suitcase to check if you’ve put everything in there. Now nothing will ruin your time off!